Search for an idea

I would like to have a checking service for update changes what are made outside of Indigo Studio

Currently if multiple users of Indigo Studio would like to edit the same project it does not reflect to the filesystem changes outside of the Indigo Studio.

Ok, the main reason is that it might not created for that kind of collaboration, but it would be enough if it just have a service which tracking the changes of the loaded (project) files.

In this case if we use a repository to track tha changes we could update the changes as usually we do when we are developing in visual studio and using svn, mercurial or git version control systems. When something has changes we can update the filesystem with the changes what has been made in the repository by someone else. And then Visual Studio realize that what is changed in the solution and display the option to develeopers to decide what they would like to do with the changes. Keep their version what is in the Visual Studio or not...and so on.

I know you are familiar with this kind of work, so I hope you understand that we somehow would like to share these projects between collaborators. as we do with the solutions in visual studio.

I know also that it will needs some merge like functionallity and it drives this idea forward and could become a larger idae, but first I think it is enough to have this filesystem changes tracker service.

I don't know that the topic for this idea/question/discussion whether is okay or not. So, if you would like to change the title of this idea and you could do that in this uservoice system, please change it to a proper one what can describe better the topic what this idea is more about.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Zsolt Molnar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) responded  · 

Hi Zsolt, this omission was strictly due to resource constraints on our end and prioritizing other work. We definitely want to support this.

So you know, the temporary solution we’ll be adding soon is a way to refresh in Indigo, but we know the long-term solution is automatic. There are some technical complications that we have to solve to get to the long-term one.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sebastien Giroux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"So you know, the temporary solution we’ll be adding soon is a way to refresh in Indigo".

Has this solution been implemented yet?

• Joel Migneault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing or collaboration of wireframe is a big enabler in an interaction designer team. We can create "Artboards" with common controls or view (like dialogs, color picker, etc.) we might need to reuse in multiple wireframes, and share it among team members.

My first idea was to put the file on a network drive we all have access to but when browsing for project folder location, the dialog does not display my mapped network drives on Windows. I have to right-click and remap a new network drive (same problem when trying to export .png screens on the network).

Since our company uses Sharepoint, I could also put my project files or exports in a Sharepoint library and use the version scheme already included to version my work and share it with others.

We moved!

Feedback and Knowledge Base