(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stefano Caridi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adert Antonin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we need to be able to chose a gradient background for any element with a background. Please

• Nicholas McClay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often find myself making alpha gradients in my app prototypes. Currently I use images that I resize, but it would be handier to be able to just give a rect a black/100% -> black/0% gradient.

• Pranav Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this feature.

Why?
        Although it's not absolute essential in designing a Web/Mobile UI but more and more designs that I see nowadays use gradients as backgrounds. Spotify Mobile app is a great example. It is increasingly being adopted by UI and Graphic designers.

Kinds of Gradients
        Radial and Linear. There are the standard kinds. Any graphic editor software like illustrator, photoshop uses these. Also Wireframing softwares like UXpin allows user to create gradients. The implementation is pretty standard. I can send you screenshots if you need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any kind of simple gradient would be nice really, and even more so if they supported some sort of dither to break up the gradient banding.

I know flat is 'in' right now, but a subtle gradient will always have it's uses, even if it's relegated to only ever being used in backgrounds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be really nice to have the option to set the background color with a gradient, selecting from samples or creating custom ones. They can be linear or radial gradients. They will be useful for styling buttons or text boxes.

As Tood says by default it can show a gradient slider with 2 handles. Each of the handles represent a color and is displayed with a color box. But with the option to add more handles by clicking in the point of the slider where you want to insert the new handle for a third or more colors.

• Todd Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. When choosing the background color of any element show an option to to switch to a gradient. Give the options of horizontal or vertical gradient with a toggle. Show a gradient slider with 2 handles. Each of the handles represent a color and is displayed with a color box. By clicking on one of the color boxes on the slider it will select the color (1 or 2) and then show a color picker allowing the user to pick the color they want assigned to that color box on the slider. The user should also be able to slide the color boxes back and forth, thus setting the gradient options for whatever element allows gradients (shapes).

We moved!

Feedback and Knowledge Base