I'd like for Indigo to...

Integrate My Data

I want to be able to easily import/use custom data from common formats like CSV, Excel, XML, HTML, JSON.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JSJS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for me this covers 2 areas
        1 - when I'm creating a grid of data, I'd love to be able to create a link to a CSV file (local to the project), and have the grid use that data dynamically
        2 - I'd like to be able to link to a file like a resource file and use that data dynamically in the prototype in different elements

• JacquesJacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, we have all our data available via REST API (json) and it would be really really handy to work with that data instead of having to put it in manually.
        The data binding would be particularly handy for the grid and tree view controls.

• Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We understand that need, Jenni! Just haven't gotten around to doing it coz of all the other great ideas people want us to work on. We may tackle this as an add on to the table/grid control as opposed to the broader story of integrate with my data.

Based on the comments below it seems that getting all the yummy data into the grid is on top of everyone's mind.

• Jenni AllenJenni Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep stacks of Excel files with mock data in (captured out of existing systems or made for the purpose) which I re-use in wireframe after wireframe.
        Something to allow me to get this data quickly into a grid (e.g. cut and paste from Excel) would be a start, but being able to do a really straightforward import to populate a table from a simple array (csv even) that I could store as an asset and re-use or replace, would be even better.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to simulate things like faceted search, column filters, google-like search completion, map data, and other data that I would normally be able to get through a web API...so, maybe also make it work with APIs. JSON data might be a good way to go, beyond just a simple spreadsheet, because that could work well with how I might already have my data prepared for coded prototypes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to paste my data into tables rather than having to manually enter it cell by cell.

• Mohan TalluriMohan Talluri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. As usually customers want to see some real data in data Grids. So data upload would help a lot and it could also simulate how data grids will look with real time data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base