I'd like for Indigo to...

Add Support to Rotate More Elements (Image, Icon, etc.)

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAlex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CharlesCharles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need text rotation. I realized it when I had a slideout menu where the label had to be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise and couldn't do it.

This would be huge for text in particular. There's been times where I've had content/labels running up the side of a tab on a slide out menu, etc., and wasn't able to rotate it.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys,

It's nice that you can now rotate icons, but it seems 2 important characteristics of rotate are not yet available:

- Custom degree: They can only be rotated in 90 degree intervals
        - Animation: There is no animation between the 2 states

Are you considering adding these characteristics to rotating icons, images, etc.? I have made use of these characteristics in Framer and other tools.

Thanks!

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when you plan to add this ?

It's on all other prototyping tools like UXPin, etc and it's very useful

Thanks

• David IsmailovDavid Ismailov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you planning it, would be nice to have an option to change the Pivot location.
        I would make this pivot for all three transformations, translate, rotate and scale.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to be able to rotate any object -- I've had numerous times where I wanted to rotate something..

Would love the ability to rotate text. Where I ran into this was when I had a tab that ran down the side but I needed the label to to rotate 90 degrees counter clockwise to line it up with the button that peeked out from the right.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another +1 here, especially for the option to rotate text.

I've used the rotated text in Balsamiq to make certain designs, but sadly i can't replicate them in Indigo.

• Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anil,

Okay, good to know you still want specific angle support. Indigo Studio's primary focus (at least for V1) was rapid, lo-fi prototyping. As such, being able to specify or see specific angle values did not seem important--if it looks right, it's fine, would be the rule. However, we know 45/diagonal angles are useful for quick stuff, so we have that supported.

About how we help users:
        1) In the Help & About pane under menu, we list "Handy Keyboard Shortcuts" along with a link to all shortcuts. The last one in that list is the one I mentioned here.
        2) In addition to the intro vids, we cover a lot of other stuff in our docs, also linked from the Help & About pane up top: http://indigo.infragistics.com/help/
        3) We also strategically insert important guidance in the tool--such as the invitations here and there on how to do things like add elements in place, add stuff to storyboard blocks, warnings/tips, and so on.

With powerful tools like Indigo, it is always a balance between telling people important stuff up front and then easing them into everything else as they go along. Seeing specific angle info did not register on our radar until now as something important for Indigo users.

HTH.

-ambrose

• ANIL KUMAR KRISHNASHETTYANIL KUMAR KRISHNASHETTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Admin: I didn't know about shift key snap to 45 deg feature. Good to know.
        It was bit difficult to create vertical line from the line component. I have to do lot trails to make it vertical.

this triggers me one more question from UX experience.
        How you are educating your user for Target Knowledge?
        IndigoStudio introduction videos are great. But, this small features are not communicated properly to the end users.

I feel It not sufficient. Since you are proving flexibility to align at any angle, Angle information should be required. It would be a nice to have feature.

• Raaj SivaramRaaj Sivaram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Image, Icon, Objects. Please have the rotation feature for this.
        In short, Need to have a Z axis or a transform option for all the objects that are placed in the screen. It would be useful when you are developing a FUN / Home centered App that is Enterprise Oriented.

Like a Family scratch pad or notepad App.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base