Search for an idea

Add Android Platform Pack

Only default UI component included in Indigo Studio are not cool to design mobile native application GUI.
For a designer of native mobile application, Indigo Studio is not used because too difficult about the product owner understanding when he don't see his prototype with native UI component rendering.

175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olivier LeméeOlivier Lemée shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HRO_JHRO_J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also design for both platforms and I would like indigo-native Android Material designed controls, components and icons, with all their animations etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company develops both Android and iOS applications. After using the iOS pack, designing for Android is tedious. I would appreciate the Android pack.

• Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We agree that an Android pack would be very handy. Sorry about the wait. As you all know we are constantly working on and release new features in each of our updates.

We want to allow anyone to create screenpart libraries and to share with the Indigo Studio user community. While each of you can create a custom screenpart library today (for Android or other), our intention is to create a space where you can simply search and download screenpart libraries. As in, if one you creates a library, others can benefit from it. This does not mean that we won't offer a native pack.

As part of this effort, we are also introducing search in the screenparts toolbox and surfacing screenparts inside the alt+click search suggestions. In the near future, you will find features to help you manage screenparts within a project and also use a common/global screenpart library across projects.

It will be worth the wait!

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm not sure why the Android pack has not been released yet. Prototyping is helpful for us to visualize our UI across each of the big 3 mobile platform, so it's best to support all 3. Why not prioritize Android and Windows Mobile/8 platform packs? I know you're prioritizing with other feature requests, but I think you guys are missing a big piece of the market by putting this off. Eagerly awaiting the release with this in it....

• Dean ChalkDean Chalk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is indigo studio extensible, in that I could create my own 'android' pack, or find a 3rd party. The beauty of indigo studio is its ability to create interactive mockups, but if you're shooting for something that resembles the real thing, you NEED it to look like the real thing

• AnandAnand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news or updates on this one? I have been pitching to 3 of my clients to get this software; not having Android pack has been a major block for them to go for it.

• AnandAnand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greatly handicapped by not having this option, when prototyping for the two leading mobile platforms. Would love to see this happen!

• Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We feel your urgency, and sorry that we haven't had time to work on this. Partly the issue is that unlike other products in this space, the packs we offer are controls (e.g, drop downs and tabs) and not just stencils. Hence it takes us longer to get it working correctly. We really wish we would work faster, but we are slaying other dragons at the same time. For instance, reusable design elements (screenparts).

However, there is an area where y'all can help us. Is there a good Android UI library (Kitkat) that you know of?

OK adding the Android pack is a must have. It should've been released with the iOS pack. Can't wait to have this pack added. I will be buying that version as soon as it's released because I have several mobile projects in queue.

You've already added iOS platform pack with its transitions and gestures. Great to add the same for Android and for Windows 8, to round out simulations of the big 3 mobile platforms.

• Yeradis Barbosa MarreroYeradis Barbosa Marrero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this is a a MUST HAVE, what rules today user interface development is mobile devices, so having a Mobile Platform Packs is a MUST HAVE

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait for the iOS platform pack the android pack and a OSX and Windows pack would be great additions as well.

We moved!

Feedback and Knowledge Base