Search for an idea

Support copy and paste from vector-based tools as vectors in Indigo

Tools such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign work on vectors--would like to be able to import those into Indigo as vector-based images.

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LinusLinus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fredrik MathesonFredrik Matheson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since all our assets are in Sketch, there's no way we can start using Indigo Studio if we have to re-create these from scratch. Import is a must.

• LaurentLaurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's would be amazing. To import our own SVG or EPS icon into the library.
        Would be a great added value

• Jan PlehoJan Pleho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ vector icon importing, current icon base is small. If you add that plus custom fonts (from system or however) indigo would be perfect. (full time user, ~6 hrs a day)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love this. Imagine just design complex vector drawings, icons, logos, you name it, and them just copy it from Illustrator (or other vectorial softwares) and paste it straight into Indigo Studio. That is really a ++++++

• Benoit MeunierBenoit Meunier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful. For example, if I want to copy-paste something with a drop-shadow and transparence from Omnigraffle, here how I'm doing it: http://ow.ly/odgfi ... if I can at least, skip the screen capture software, it would be better. But supporting copy and paste from vector-based tools would be out of this world.

• Raaj SivaramRaaj Sivaram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual designers supply the visual artifacts that are created in Adobe Ps, Fw, Ai or Sketch2 or Pixelmator. Need to have the ability to bring these artifacts and have the ability to manipulate them at Design time, this will fit well in a Visual Design -> IxD workflow

• BillyGOATBillyGOAT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since Fireworks is being discontinued, can this change to any vector program, at least between Adobe Illustrator and InDesign...

• BillyGOATBillyGOAT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vectors yes please. Fireworks and Illustrator. I mention Illustrator as it allows for plotting data into various charts. Being able to make a donut chart or scatterplot or histogram and then paste into Indigo Studio decreases time to task.

• PojitonPojiton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be very handy to have ability import vector graphics in to project. Standart import of AI and EPS files and copy and paste from clipboard. Just because in some cases import basic shape more quick solution instead of drawing inside.

We moved!

Feedback and Knowledge Base