I'd like for Indigo to...

Support Drag and Drop for Screen Elements

I see two basic aspects of this:
1) Just saying "allow users to drag this" on elements/containers/groups, and they can move them around anywhere on screen just by doing that.
2) Define a "drop target" or more that when a draggable element is dropped on it results in a state change that I can define.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GilGil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is absolutely essential for us here at wix.com (especially the second aspect - with the target area). Most contemporary dashboards and app panels have such functionality. Axure RP has such a feature but it’s a pain….

• EllisEllis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working on a lot of drag and drop functionality now and these are the screens where prototypes are particularly useful to define what happens when a user moves an entity from one place to another on the screen.

• NikkioNikkio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have this functionality even within the same UI element. For instance making a repeaters items sortable via drag & drop functionality.

• CharlesCharles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree with this. We're seeing this a lot in-house with some concepts where we want to be able to assign multiple tasks to someone, can select a bunch and drag onto the users picture or vice versa. This would be really powerful. Right now we have to fake it out or tell them what would happen.

• Paul KaufholzPaul Kaufholz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a common interaction for desktop and mobile applications. A must have for interaction design.

• VickiVicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! YES!!! No one else supports this type of functionality, and we need to test it ALL the time in mobile app and game development.

Feedback and Knowledge Base