I'd like for Indigo to...

Let Me Add a Sticky Header

I'd like to prototype a sticky/pinned header, so that when users scroll down, I can have a header/menu stay stuck at the top of the browser viewport/window.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Indigo Studio TeamAdminIndigo Studio Team (Product Team, Indigo Studio) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already possible by using a repeater.
        Place fixed elements on the canvas as normal.
        Place a single repeater that covers the screen and set it to the size of the canvas.
        Place non-fixed element inside the repeater
        Once the items in the repeater go beyond the repeater's container, it will scroll.
        Being that the repeater is the size of the screen, it will simulate the desired scrolling pattern.

• Dennis KovalevDennis Kovalev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave it 3 votes. Having an opportunity to pin any elements to the top edge of the browser would be fantastic! I was about to create similar post before came across this one.

• Petr ŠtědrýPetr Štědrý commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just looking at what Google's Material Design does this on its own might not be enough ... without being able to say when it gets pinned and how it changes (Google+ header). Without a more advanced animation on slide down/up it seems weak for prototyping these advanced interactions.

Giving it 2 votes though as it would be helpful in prototyping something contemporary ;)

• Lukas TresnakLukas Tresnak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably the most important missing feature in the entire Indigo. I would also love to see it available for any element and not only the header.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be huge. Pinning elements to the browser window is ubiquitous in current web and app design, and it's always very complex to explain to clients.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would find this very useful. In fact, I found this suggestion because that's exactly what I'm trying to do in Indigo right now. I'll also echo Yaniv's comment below, that headers are not the only thing it would be useful to pin. Thank you.

• YanivYaniv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am suggesting that it should not be available just a header, we should have the option to "pin" any element.

Feedback and Knowledge Base